Is Advertising a good major?
Yes, Advertising is a good major; an incredibly relevant and important discipline in the business world. Basically, everything that comes in the market must be known to the potential consumers, advertising has a key role in keeping the consumers informed and attracting potential buyers.
Advertising is considered the backbone of commercial media having unlimited employment opportunities and extensive job potential, certainly, it is on top of the potential for salary growth. According to AdMission, advertising is a $540 billion business with an average growth of 4% globally and 5% in the UK and is responsible for more than 250,000 jobs in the UK.
Advertising is a good major because it provides you with valuable skills and opportunities that can ensure that the financial investment in your education pays off in career benefits.
Why is Advertising a good major?
- Advertising is a good major because is very much beneficial for the producers, traders, consumers, and countries’ economies and that’s why it is in great demand in the global market and industries.
- Advertising is undoubted, unavoidable part of marketing without which the sale of a product or service is almost not possible, the best way to build a brand positioning and creates product demand in the market is possible only due to advertising
- Advertising can have a surprising number of opportunities to connect with your classmates and instructors, build your professional network, and open doors to potential employers and professional connections.
Is Advertising a hard major?
No. If you are able to convince and engage people, If you love figuring out what makes people tick and flexing your creative and analytical skills at the same time, then majoring in advertising could be perfect for you. An advertising major blends creative fields like art and design with more quantitative subject areas like psychology. Your course work has both; you’ll take classes like advertising copywriting, graphic design, consumer behavior, advertising sales, and advertising research.
Career opportunities in Advertising Major:
Advertising is a good major because of the plentiful career opportunities across the profession, some of the popular opportunities are:
- Business adviser
- Digital copywriter
- Promotion Managers
- Marketing Managers
- Product manager
- Talent agent
- Web content manager
- Advertising art director
- Digital marketer
- Media buyer
- Public relations officer
- Social media manager
- Creative Directors
- Marketing executive
- Media buyer
- Product Development Managers
Some classes Advertising majors may likely take:
- Advertising Media Planning
- Visual Design
- Consumer insights
- Digital Media Strategies
- Interactive Media
- Client-Side Management
- Advertising & Culture
- Design for Media
What other majors are related to Advertising?
|Estimated number of student||Nil|
|Number of schools||50+ hereSee schools|