Is Hospitality Management a good major?
Yes, Hospitality Management is a good major for those passionate about food, travel and meeting new people. It is a great choice for people who are looking for a stable career: The hospitality industry is growing all over the world, so there will be plenty of job opportunities available.
Hospitality Management helps provide preparation for management positions in hotels, restaurants, institutions, and other hospitality organizations. The major is designed to give the student a broad general education and strong management and problem-solving orientation balanced with the requisite technical skills, all of them essential for career progression to upper-management positions in the hospitality professions.
Is Hospitality Management a hard major?
No. Hospitality Management is not a hard major. However, success would depend on your interest, aptitude, and how diligently you will study the course. You’ll need to dedicate a lot of time and effort to your studies.
Hospitality Management major salary
Hospitality Management is a good major in the United States with an unlimited number of job roles to explore. There is no standard salary for any Hospitality Management job. Your salary also depends on if you’re working in the private or public sector. The national average salary for a Hospitality Management major in the U.S. is $51,019
Some classes Hospitality Management majors may likely take:
- Hotel Operations Management
- Hospitality Management
- Hospitality Finance
- Hotel Facilities Management
- Health Care Delivery System
- Health Care Management
- Foundations of Leisure Services
- Commercial Recreation and Tourism
- Sustainable Tourism
- Ethics and Business
What other majors are related to Hospitality Management?
- Hospital and Health Care Facilities Administration/Management
- Hospital/Facilities Administration
- Hospitality and Recreation Marketing Operations
- Hotel, Motel, and Restaurant Management
- Hotel/Motel Administration/Management
- Tourism and Travel Services Management
- Tourism and Travel Services Marketing Operations
- Tourism Promotion Operations
|Estimated number of student||Nil|
|Colleges with Hospitality Management Majors||100+ hereSee schools|