Cal Poly Pomona majors and acceptance rate
Located in the Western region of the United States, California State Polytechnic University-Pomona is a public university in southern California and one of two polytechnic institutions in the Cal State system. Cal Poly Pomona is home to nine colleges and schools conferring undergraduate degrees. In addition, every Cal Poly Pomona college offers a First Year Experience program featuring college skills classes, field trips, and community projects. For students who wish to learn in another culture, Cal Poly Pomona provides a chance to participate in faculty-led study abroad programs, exchange student opportunities, and the CSU International Program.
Is Cal Poly Pomona hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Cal Poly Pomona is 65%. For every 100 applicants, 65 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; not hard to get into. The selection process for students is based on outstanding academic achievement, innovation, and curiosity.
Is Cal Poly Pomona a good school?
Cal Poly Pomona is a good school that demonstrates academic quality, relevance, and excellence through its teaching, learning, scholarship, and creative activities with student-centered faculty in an evidence-based culture.
What is Cal Poly Pomona known for?
As one of only seven polytechnic universities nationwide, Cal Poly Pomona is known for its learn-by-doing philosophy. Cal Poly Pomona is committed to educational experiences and supportive services that engage our students, enhance personal well-being and growth, provide career opportunities, and foster ethical citizenship.
Is Cal Poly Pomona a party school?
No, Cal Poly Pomona is not a party school.
What major is Cal Poly Pomona known for?
- Business administration and management
- Hospitality administration/management
- Computer science
- Civil engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Biology/biological sciences
- Health and physical education/fitness
- Speech communication and rhetoric
- Liberal arts and sciences/liberal studies
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Nutrition sciences
- Animal sciences
- Computer engineering
- Aerospace, aeronautical and astronautical/space engineering
- Apparel and textiles
- Political science and government
- Graphic design
- Chemical engineering
- English language and literature
- Industrial engineering
- Landscape architecture
- Plant protection and integrated pest management
- Electrical, electronic and communications
- Engineering technology
- City/urban, community and regional planning
- Manufacturing engineering
- Mechanical engineering/mechanical technology/technician
- Construction engineering technology/technician
- Food science
- Environmental biology
- Agribusiness/agricultural business operations
- Spanish language and literature
- Agricultural teacher education
- Geology/earth science
- Ethnic, cultural minority, gender, and group studies
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Art history, criticism and conservation
- Science, technology and society
- Art/art studies