Elizabethtown College majors and acceptance rate
Elizabethtown College, located in the Northwest region of the United States is a private institution in south-central Pennsylvania. Elizabethtown confers degrees in 56 academic fields of study and offers 100 minors and concentrations. With a focus on principles of peace, non-violence, human dignity, and social justice, the Elizabethtown campus is home to The Center for Global Understanding and Peacemaking which creates programs for non-violent international conflict resolution. As part of the college’s orientation program, all first-year students participate in several Elizabethtown traditions such as the First-Year Walk and Induction ceremony.
Is Elizabethtown College hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Elizabethtown College is 86%. For every 100 applicants, 86 are admitted. This means the school is selective; hard to get into. The selection process for students is based on outstanding academic achievement, innovation, and curiosity.
Is Elizabethtown College a good school?
Elizabethtown College is a good school that provides a transformative educational experience that cultivates personal strengths and develops a passion for lifelong learning and purposeful work.
What is Elizabethtown College known for?
Elizabethtown College is known for distinguishing itself and demonstrating dedication to enriching student outcomes through innovative learning opportunities.
Is Elizabethtown College a party school?
No, Elizabethtown College is not a party school.
What major is Elizabethtown College known for?
- Business administration and management
- Health professions and related clinical sciences
- Biology/biological sciences
- Early childhood education and teaching
- Mass communication/media studies
- Information science/studies
- Political science and government
- Computer and information sciences
- Professional, technical, business, and scientific writing
- Social work
- Health/health care administration/management
- Junior high/intermediate/middle school education and teaching
- Environmental biology
- International business/trade/commerce
- Computer engineering
- Human services
- Applied mathematics
- Criminal justice/safety studies
- Graphic design
- Fine/studio arts
- Music therapy/therapist
- English/language arts teacher education
- French language and literature
- Spanish language and literature
- English language and literature
- Religion/religious studies
- Actuarial science
- Biology teacher education
- Japanese language and literature
- German language and literature
- Liberal arts and sciences/liberal studies
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Music teacher education
- Social studies teacher education
- Physics teacher education
- Business/managerial economics
- Marketing/marketing management