Gavilan College programs and acceptance rate
Located in the West region of the United State, Gavilan College is a 2-year community college in the south San Francisco Bay Area. Gavilan is home to 11 academic departments offering associate degrees and certificates. In addition to regular lectures, the Aviation department holds hands-on labs in Gavilan’s San Martin Airport and includes classes in Drone Technology.
Is Gavilan College hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Gavilan College is 100%. For every 100 applicants, 100 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; not hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet Gavilan College’s requirements.
Is Gavilan College a good school?
Yes, Gavilan College is a good school that is committed to students and families, eliminating financial barriers to postsecondary education. The college makes a conscious effort to reach out to those with exceptional financial and educational needs.
What is Gavilan College known for?
Gavilan College is known for providing high-quality educational and support services that prepare students for transfer, technical and public service careers, life-long learning, and participation in a diverse global society.
What is Gavilan College accredited?
Yes, Gavilan College is a real college accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Does Gavilan College have dorms?
Yes. Gavilan College does offer on-campus housing
The followings are popular programs at Gavilan College:
- Liberal arts and sciences/liberal studies
- Criminal justice/police science
- Airframe mechanics and aircraft maintenance technology/technician
- Speech communication and rhetoric
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Licensed practical/vocational nurse training
- Aircraft powerplant technology/technician
- Spanish language and literature
- Child care provider/assistant
- Water quality and wastewater treatment management and recycling technology/technician
- Accounting technology/technician and bookkeeping
- Criminal justice/law enforcement administration
- Medical administrative/executive assistant and medical secretary
- Administrative assistant and secretarial science
- Computer graphics
- Physical fitness technician
- Data entry/microcomputer applications