Otero College programs and acceptance rate
Located in the West region of the United State, Otero Junior College is located on an attractive 40-acre campus on the southern edge of La Junta, Colorado. Otero Junior College is proud of its reputation as one of the finest community colleges in the State of Colorado. Our students can be found working in many of today’s high demand careers, including fast-growing STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) careers.
Is Otero College hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Otero College is 100%. For every 100 applicants, 100 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; not hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet Otero College’s requirements.
Is Otero College a good school?
Yes, Otero College is a good school that provides quality higher education that is accessible, transforms lives, expands employment opportunities, enriches the communities, promotes individual and global cultural diversity, and fosters economic development.
What is Otero College known for?
Otero College is known for providing cutting-edge education that offers various two-year degrees, transfer degrees in preparation for four-year bachelor’s degree programs, and workforce-ready certificates.
What is Otero College accredited?
Yes, Otero College is a real college accredited by The Higher Learning Commission
Does Otero Junior College have dorms?
Yes. Otero College offers three housing options that include Wunsch Hall, Conley Complex and South Site.
The followings are popular programs at Otero College:
- Licensed practical/vocational nurse training
- Nursing assistant/aide and patient care assistant/aide
- Welding technology/welder
- Organizational leadership
- Agribusiness/agricultural business operations
- Phlebotomy technician/phlebotomist
- Agricultural business technology
- Criminal justice/police science
- Emergency medical technology/technician (emt paramedic)
- Entrepreneurship/entrepreneurial studies
- Farm/farm and ranch management
- Agricultural/farm supplies retailing and wholesaling
- Animal/livestock husbandry and production
- Community health services/liaison/counseling