Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute majors and acceptance rate
Located in the Northwest region of the United States, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is America’s first technological research university. Founded in 1824, the university has been leading scientific and technological advances for nearly 200 years. With 450+ dedicated full-time faculty members, including 270 tenured faculty members, 7,940+ students, and 100,000+ living alumni, its community has continued to push boundaries to address the global challenges facing the 21st century.
Is Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is 57%. For every 100 applicants, 57 are admitted. This means the school is moderately selective; hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute a good school?
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is a good school that strives to create a holistic and developmentally transformative experience for students throughout their academic journey. Through Clustered Learning, Advocacy, and Support for Students (CLASS), the school imbues students with the intellectual agility, multicultural sophistication, and global view that enables them to learn, thrive, and change the world.
What is Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute known for?
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is known for its success in the transfer of technology from the laboratory to the marketplace so that new discoveries and inventions benefit human life. Founded in 1824, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is the nation’s oldest technological research university.
Is Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute a party school?
No, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is not a party school.
What major is Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute known for?
- Computer science
- Mechanical engineering
- Chemical engineering
- Bioengineering and biomedical engineering
- Aerospace, aeronautical, and astronautical/space engineering
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Business administration and management
- Computer technology/computer systems technology
- Civil engineering
- Industrial engineering
- Game and interactive media design
- Nuclear engineering
- Materials engineering
- Information technology
- Biology/biological sciences
- Biochemistry, Biophysics and molecular biology
- Multi, /interdisciplinary studies
- Environmental/environmental health engineering
- Pre, medicine/pre, medical studies
- Digital communication and media/multimedia
- Science, technology and society
- Environmental science
- Cognitive science
- Sustainability studies
- Visual and performing arts
- Architectural and building sciences/technology
- Geology/earth science
- Engineering science