University of Pittsburgh majors and acceptance rate
Located in the Northwest region of the United States, the University of Pittsburgh is among the nation’s oldest and most distinguished comprehensive universities, with a wide variety of high-quality programs in the arts and sciences as well as professional fields. Pitt is a member of the Association of American Universities (AAU), which comprises 62 preeminent doctorate-granting research institutions in North America.
Is the University of Pittsburgh hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at the University of Pittsburgh is 64%. For every 100 applicants, 64 are admitted. This means the school is selective; hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet the University of Pittsburgh’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is the University of Pittsburgh a good school?
The University of Pittsburgh is a good school that provides high-quality undergraduate programs in the arts and sciences and professional fields, with emphasis upon those of special benefit to the citizens of Pennsylvania.
What is the University of Pittsburgh known for?
The University of Pittsburgh is known for being recognized as one of the most innovative universities in the world. The school is also known for its liberal arts education and is tops in the field of sciences, research, humanities, and others.
Is the University of Pittsburgh a party school?
Yes, the University of Pittsburgh is a party school.
What major is the University of Pittsburgh known for?
- Biology/biological sciences
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Marketing/marketing management
- Computer science
- Political science and government
- Mechanical engineering
- Rehabilitation science
- Rhetoric and composition
- Information technology project management
- Biological and physical sciences
- Creative writing
- Logistics, materials, and supply chain management
- Chemical engineering
- Information science/studies
- Industrial engineering
- Pharmaceutical sciences
- Computer engineering
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Audiology/audiologist and speech, language pathology/pathologist
- Bioengineering and biomedical engineering
- Civil engineering
- Mass communication/media studies
- Geology/earth science
- Physical education teaching and coaching
- English literature (british and commonwealth)
- Social work
- Molecular biology
- Educational psychology
- Applied mathematics
- Film/cinema/video studies
- Health professions and related clinical sciences
- Geological and earth sciences/geosciences
- Urban studies/affairs
- Human resources management and services
- Materials engineering
- Health information/medical records administration/administrator
- Spanish language and literature
- Art history, criticism and conservation
- Professional, technical, business, and scientific writing
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- French language and literature
- Legal studies
- Ecology and evolutionary biology
- Social sciences
- Women’s studies
- Environmental/environmental health engineering
- Mathematics and statistics
- Social sciences
- History and philosophy of science and technology
- African, american/black studies
- Japanese language and literature
- German language and literature
- Public administration
- Classics and classical languages, literatures, and linguistics
- Physical sciences
- Fine/studio arts
- Russian language and literature
- Humanities/humanistic studies
- Dental hygiene/hygienist
- International business/trade/commerce
- Liberal arts and sciences/liberal studies
- Mathematical biology
- Area studies
- Chinese language and literature
- Religion/religious studies
- Engineering science
- Italian language and literature
- Management information systems and services
- Slavic languages, literatures, and linguistics
- Multi, /interdisciplinary studies