Dakota State University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the Midwest region of the united state, Dakota State University (DSU) is located in Madison. Founded in 1881, DSU offers undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral programs through its colleges of arts and sciences, business and information systems, computer and cyber sciences, and education. DSU has a special focus on the development, application, implications, and impacts of computing, information technologies, and cybersecurity in all areas of human endeavor.
Is Dakota State University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Dakota State University is 84%. For every 100 applicants, 84 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; and not hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet Dakota State University’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is Dakota State University a good school?
Yes, Dakota State University is a good school that has received multiple Center of Excellence designations in education, research, and regional resource development from the U.S. National Security Agency and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
What is Dakota State University known for?
Dakota State University is known for housing the Madison Cyber Labs (MadLabs), a cyber R&D hub with more than 10 labs and institutes that explore and advance technology application, workforce development, business expansion, economic growth, and policy improvement across multiple disciplines and fields.
The followings are popular majors at Dakota State University:
- Computer and information systems security/information assurance
- Computer and information sciences
- System, networking, and lan/wan Management/manager
- Computer graphics
- Special education and teaching
- Elementary education and teaching
- Information science/studies
- Computer software and media applications
- Business administration and management
- General studies
- Kinesiology and exercise science
- Marketing/marketing management
- Mathematics and statistics
- Health information/medical records administration/administrator
- Biological and biomedical sciences
- English language and literature/letters
- Mathematics teacher education
- Physical education teaching and coaching
- Respiratory care therapy/therapist
- English/language arts teacher education
- Biology teacher education
- Professional, technical, business, and scientific writing