Duquesne University majors and acceptance rate
Duquesne University, located in the Northwest region of the United States is a private, coeducational university located on a bluff above downtown Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Founded in 1878 as a Catholic college by the Order of the Holy Spirit, Duquesne is one of the largest and most comprehensive Catholic universities in the U.S. and the only Spiritan institution of higher education in the world.
Is Duquesne University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Duquesne University is 77%. For every 100 applicants, 77 are admitted. This means the school is selective; hard to get into. The selection process for students is based on outstanding academic achievement, innovation, and curiosity.
Is Duquesne University a good school?
Duquesne University is a good school, that serves God by serving students through commitment to excellence in liberal and professional education, profound concern for moral and spiritual values, and maintaining an ecumenical atmosphere open to diversity.
What is Duquesne University known for?
Duquesne University is known for being ranked among America’s top Catholic universities. Duquesne is the first university in the nation to offer combined biomedical engineering and nursing dual degree (BS-BSN). Also, Duquesne is the first university in the nation to offer an online Ph. D. in nursing (1997) and the first in Pennsylvania to grant a BSN degree (1937).
Is Duquesne University a party school?
No, Duquesne University is not a party school.
What major is Duquesne University known for?
- Nursing Science
- Biology/biological sciences
- Marketing/marketing management
- Logistics, materials, and supply chain management
- Physician Assistant
- Public relations, advertising, and applied communication
- Political science and government
- Early childhood education and teaching
- English language and literature
- Management science
- Physical therapy/therapist
- Information technology
- Speech, language pathology/pathologist
- Occupational therapy/therapist
- Web page, digital/multimedia, and information resources design
- International relations and affairs
- Bioengineering and biomedical engineering
- Entrepreneurship/entrepreneurial studies
- Health/medical preparatory programs
- Speech communication and rhetoric1
- Junior high/intermediate/middle school education and teaching
- Computer science
- Music teacher education
- Business/managerial economics
- Environmental science
- English/language arts teacher education
- Business/corporate communications
- International policy analysis
- Health information/medical records administration/administrator
- International business/trade/commerce
- Social studies teacher education
- Music performance
- Mathematics teacher education
- Organizational leadership
- Pharmacy, pharmaceutical sciences, and administration
- Music therapy/therapist
- Spanish language and literature
- Sports communication
- Rhetoric and composition
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Health/health care administration/management
- Athletic training/trainer
- Computer software and media applications
- Behavioral sciences
- African Studies
- Liberal arts and sciences/liberal studies
- Theology/theological studies
- Criminal justice/safety studies