Eastern Kentucky University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the South region of the United States, Eastern Kentucky University boasts a rich heritage of outstanding service to the region and Commonwealth of Kentucky. The origins of what is now EKU can be traced to the 1874 founding of Central University in Richmond.
The roots of present-day Eastern go back to 1906 with the establishment of Eastern Kentucky State Normal School No. 1 on the old Central University campus. In 1922 it became a four-year institution and changed its name to the Eastern Kentucky State Normal School and Teachers College, awarding its first degrees under that name in 1925.
Is Eastern Kentucky University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Eastern Kentucky University is 98%. For every 100 applicants, 98 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; not hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet Eastern Kentucky University’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is Eastern Kentucky University a good school?
Eastern Kentucky University is a good school that fosters personal growth and prepares students to contribute to the success and vitality of their communities, the Commonwealth, and the world.
What is Eastern Kentucky University known for?
Eastern Kentucky University is known for its nursing, business, and forensic science programs, its commitment to access, equal opportunity, dignity, respect, and inclusion for all people, as integral to a learning environment in which intellectual creativity and diversity thrive.
Is Eastern Kentucky University a party school?
Yes, Eastern Kentucky University is a party school.
What major is Eastern Kentucky University known for?
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Criminal justice/law enforcement administration
- General studies
- Industrial safety technology/technician
- Occupational therapy/therapist
- Marketing/marketing management
- Elementary education and teaching
- Business administration and management
- Biomedical sciences
- Homeland security
- Social work
- Parks, recreation and leisure facilities management
- Public health education and promotion
- Kinesiology and exercise science
- Human development and family studies
- Sport and fitness administration/management
- Agricultural production operations
- Speech communication and rhetoric
- Biology/biological sciences
- Political science and government
- Emergency medical technology/technician (emt paramedic)
- Audiology/audiologist and speech, language pathology/pathologist
- Radio and television
- Public relations/image management
- English language and literature
- Fire/arson investigation and prevention
- Computer and information sciences
- Construction management
- Multi, /interdisciplinary studies
- Fine/studio arts
- Forensic chemistry
- Environmental health
- Aeronautics/aviation/aerospace science and technology
- Health information/medical records administration/administrator
- Computer engineering technologies/technicians
- Spanish language and literature
- Management information systems
- Fire services administration
- Criminal justice/police science
- Fire prevention and safety technology/technician
- Clinical laboratory science/medical technology/technologist
- Wildlife, fish and wildlands science and management
- Sign language interpretation and translation
- Special education and teaching
- Engineering/industrial management
- Fashion merchandising
- Foods, nutrition, and wellness studies
- Legal assistant/paralegal
- Geographic information science and cartography
- Art/art studies
- Junior high/intermediate/middle school education and teaching
- Education/teaching of individuals with hearing impairments including deafness
- Geology/earth science
- History teacher education
- Technical teacher education
- English/language arts teacher education
- International/global studies
- Spanish language teacher education
- Ornamental horticulture
- Family and consumer sciences/home economics teacher education
- American sign language
- French language and literature
- Humanities/humanistic studies
- Business teacher education