Georgia Southern University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the South region of the United States, Georgia Southern University offers degree programs serving more than 26,000 students. As a public Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution founded in 1906 and a leader in higher education in southeast Georgia, the University provides a diverse student population with expert faculty, world-class scholarship, and hands-on learning opportunities. Georgia Southern creates lifelong learners who serve as responsible scholars, leaders, and stewards in their communities.
Is Georgia Southern University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Georgia Southern University is 91%. For every 100 applicants, 91 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; not hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet Georgia Southern University’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is Georgia Southern University a good school?
Georgia Southern University is a good school with a learner-centered culture that prepares students to think, lead, teach, and serve. The school values collaboration, academic excellence, discovery and innovation, integrity, openness and inclusion, and sustainability.
What is Georgia Southern University known for?
Georgia Southern University is known for its talent and economic development that enhances the quality of life through scholarly pursuits, cultural enrichment, student life, and community engagement across distinctive campuses. Georgia Southern University is the state’s largest and most comprehensive center of higher education south of Atlanta.
Is Georgia Southern University a party school?
Yes, Georgia Southern University is a party school.
What major is Georgia Southern University known for?
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Biology/biological sciences
- Marketing/marketing management
- Kinesiology and exercise science
- General studies
- Mechanical engineering
- Business administration and management
- Elementary education and teaching
- Information science/studies
- Logistics, materials, and supply chain management
- Construction engineering technology/technician
- Sport and fitness administration/management
- Public relations/image management
- Medical radiologic technology/science, radiation therapist
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Human development and family studies
- Computer and information sciences
- Management information systems
- Business/managerial economics
- Parks, recreation and leisure studies
- Public health
- Political science and government
- Civil engineering
- Apparel and textiles
- Foreign languages, literature, and linguistics
- Health services/allied health/health sciences
- Digital communication and media/multimedia
- Communication sciences and disorders
- Junior high/intermediate/middle school education and teaching
- English language and literature
- Public health education and promotion
- International relations and affairs
- Art/art studies
- Physical therapy/therapist
- Interior design
- Rhetoric and composition
- Clinical laboratory science/medical technology/technologist
- Respiratory care therapy/therapist
- Music teacher education
- Graphic design
- Special education and teaching
- Manufacturing engineering
- Foods, nutrition, and wellness studies
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Secondary education and teaching
- Physical education teaching and coaching
- Fine/studio arts
- Athletic training/trainer
- Legal professions and studies
- Information technology
- Geology/earth science
- International business/trade/commerce
- Graphic and printing equipment operator, general production
- Art teacher education
- Computer engineering
- Women’s studies
- Construction engineering