Mississippi State University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the South region of the United States, Mississippi State University, a public, coeducational institution of higher learning near Starkville, Mississippi, U.S. It is a land-grant university that is made up of eight colleges and schools. There is also a branch at Meridian. Undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees are awarded in such fields as accounting, agriculture, architecture, arts and sciences, business and industry, education, engineering, forestry, and veterinary medicine. Notable among its research facilities are the Engineering Research Center at John C. Stennis Space Center, the Social Science Research Center, the Cobb Institute of Archaeology, and the Water Resources Research Institute.
Is Mississippi State University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Mississippi State University is 85%. For every 100 applicants, 85 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; not hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet the Mississippi State University’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is Mississippi State University a good school?
The Mississippi State University is a good school that offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs across many disciplines while providing access and opportunity to all sectors of Mississippi’s diverse population, as well as other states and countries, and to offer excellent programs of teaching, research, and service
What is the Mississippi State University known for?
The Mississippi State University is known nationally for its leadership in cybersecurity, MSU is one of only a few schools in the U.S. to hold all three of the National Security Agency’s centers of academic excellence credentials: CAE Cyber Defense, CAE Cyber Research, and CAE Cyber Operations.
Is the Mississippi State University a party school?
Yes, the Mississippi State University is a party school.
What major is the Mississippi State University known for?
- Business administration and management
- Multi, /interdisciplinary studies
- Kinesiology and exercise science
- Mechanical engineering
- Marketing/marketing management
- Elementary education and teaching
- Biology/biological sciences
- Speech communication and rhetoric
- Chemical engineering
- Civil engineering
- Animal sciences
- Bioengineering and biomedical engineering
- Computer and information sciences
- General studies
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Geology/earth science
- Political science and government
- Wildlife, fish and wildlands science and management
- Industrial engineering
- Secondary education and teaching
- Industrial technology/technician
- Forest sciences and biology
- Human development and family studies
- Educational psychology
- Management information systems
- Aerospace, aeronautical and astronautical/space engineering
- Foreign languages and literatures
- Industrial production technologies/technicians
- Apparel and textiles
- Social work
- Visual and performing arts
- Food science
- Agribusiness/agricultural business operations
- Computer engineering
- English language and literature
- Medical microbiology and bacteriology
- Construction management
- Agronomy and crop science
- Educational/instructional technology
- Special education and teaching
- Agricultural teacher education
- Poultry science
- Interior architecture
- Music teacher education
- AgroEcology and sustainable agriculture
- Landscape architecture
- Landscaping and groundskeeping
- Business/managerial economics
- Clinical laboratory science/medical technology/technologist
- Horticultural science
- Petroleum engineering
- Health/health care administration/management
- Natural resources/conservation
- Agricultural economics
- Culinary science/culinology
- Biological and physical sciences
- Liberal arts and sciences/liberal studies