Morgan State University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the South region of the United States, Morgan State University is Maryland’s preeminent public urban research university and the only university to be designated a National Treasure by the National Trust for Historic Preservation. Founded in 1867, the Baltimore-based Historically Black College & University (HBCU) has awarded more than 51,000 degrees during the past 152 years.
A Carnegie-classified doctoral research institution, Morgan offers more than 125 academic programs leading to degrees from the baccalaureate to the doctorate. Morgan serves a multiethnic and multiracial student body and seeks to ensure that the doors of higher education are opened as wide as possible to as many as possible. Located on Baltimore’s North East corridor, the university is home to more than 8,000 students.
Is Morgan State University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Morgan State University is 74%. For every 100 applicants, 74 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; not hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet Morgan State University’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is Morgan State University a good school?
Morgan State University is a good school that serves the community, region, state, nation, and the world as an intellectual and creative resource by supporting, empowering, and preparing high-quality, diverse graduates to lead the world.
What is Morgan State University known for?
Morgan State University is known for offering innovative, inclusive, and distinctive educational experiences to a broad cross-section of the population in a comprehensive range of disciplines at the baccalaureate, master’s, doctoral, and professional degree levels.
Is Morgan State University a party school?
Yes. Morgan State University is a party school.
The followings are popular majors at Morgan State University:
- Civil engineering
- Liberal arts and sciences/liberal studies
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Business administration and management
- Biology/biological sciences
- Social work
- Physical education teaching and coaching
- Information science/studies
- Marketing/marketing management
- Industrial engineering
- Broadcast journalism
- Computer and information sciences
- Construction management
- Health teacher education
- Elementary education and teaching
- Family and consumer sciences/human sciences
- Art/art studies
- Public relations, advertising, and applied communication
- Foodservice systems administration/management
- Hotel/motel administration/management
- Animation, interactive technology, video graphics and special effects
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Political science and government
- Transportation/mobility management
- English language and literature
- Actuarial science
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Engineering physics/applied physics
- Interior design
- Clinical laboratory science/medical technology/technologist
- Speech communication and rhetoric
- Logistics, materials, and supply chain management
- Entrepreneurship/entrepreneurial studies