Northeastern University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the Northwest region of the United States, Northeastern is a global research university with a distinctive, experience-driven approach to education and discovery. The university is a leader in experiential learning, powered by the world’s most far-reaching cooperative education program. The school integrates classroom study with opportunities for professional work, research, service, and global learning in more than 100 countries.
Is Northeastern University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Northeastern University is 20%. For every 100 applicants, 20 are admitted. This means the school is highly selective; hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet Northeastern University’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is Northeastern University a good school?
Northeastern University is a good school that provides empowers students, faculty, staff and the community to reach their full intellectual and human potential by creating and expanding a culture of learning, discovery, and diversity.
What is Northeastern University known for?
Northeastern University is known for its comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs leading to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools, and select graduate programs at campuses in Boston, Charlotte, N.C., San Francisco Bay Area, Seattle, and Toronto. Campuses in Burlington, MA, and Nahant, MA, are home to research institutes for homeland security and coastal sustainability, respectively.
Is Northeastern University a party school?
Yes, Northeastern University is a party school.
What major is Northeastern University known for?
- Computer and information sciences
- Mechanical engineering
- Econometrics and quantitative economics
- International business/trade/commerce
- Speech communication and rhetoric
- Health and medical administrative services
- Chemical engineering
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Research and experimental psychology
- Computer engineering
- Political science and government
- Biology/biological sciences
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Civil engineering
- International relations and affairs
- Industrial engineering
- Physical therapy/therapist
- Communication and media studies
- Criminal justice/safety studies
- Environmental science
- Graphic design
- Cell/cellular and molecular biology
- Environmental studies
- Political science and government
- English language and literature
- Corrections and criminal justice
- Digital arts
- Human services
- Marine biology and biological oceanography
- Game and interactive media design
- Architectural history and criticism
- Development economics and international development
- American sign language (asl)
- Data modeling/warehousing and database administration
- Fine/studio arts
- Information science/studies
- Biological and biomedical sciences
- Audiology/audiologist and speech, language pathology/pathologist
- Asian studies/civilization
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Landscape architecture
- Computer and information systems security/information assurance
- Ecology and evolutionary biology
- Geology/earth science
- Public administration and social service professions
- Social sciences
- Pharmaceutical sciences
- Animation, interactive technology, video graphics and special effects
- Spanish language and literature
- Religion/religious studies
- Cultural Anthropology
- Design and applied arts
- Rehabilitation and therapeutic professions