Southwestern Oklahoma State University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the South region of the united state, Southwestern Oklahoma State University is one of Oklahoma’s premier regional universities. SWOSU offers 14 nationally-accredited academic programs—the most among Oklahoma’s regional universities. SWOSU has two campus locations in Weatherford and Sayre and offers nearly 100 undergraduate and graduate study programs, including a doctorate in pharmacy.
Is Southwestern Oklahoma State University (SWOSU) hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Southwestern Oklahoma State University is 65%. For every 100 applicants, 65 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; not hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet Southwestern Oklahoma State University’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is Southwestern Oklahoma State University (SWOSU) a good school?
Yes, Southwestern Oklahoma State University is a good school that promotes and supports students and the community through its integration of effective teaching, scholarly and creative endeavors, and civic engagement.
What is Southwestern Oklahoma State University (SWOSU) known for?
Southwestern Oklahoma State University is known for consistently ranking as one of the best values in pharmacy education in the country, with opportunities for non-resident tuition scholarships for students who are from states other than Oklahoma. As one of the top colleges in Oklahoma, SWOSU is known for providing high-quality instruction, involvement, services, scholarly endeavors, creative activities, and service learning.
The followings are popular majors at Southwestern Oklahoma State University (SWOSU):
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Business administration and management
- Pharmaceutical sciences
- Elementary education and teaching
- Parks recreation and leisure facilities management
- Health professions and related clinical sciences
- Computer and information sciences
- Health information/medical records administration/administrator
- Kinesiology and exercise science
- Biology/biological sciences
- Health services/allied health/health sciences
- Health/health care administration/management
- Physical education teaching and coaching
- Multi/interdisciplinary studies
- Music teacher education
- History teacher education
- Manufacturing engineering technology/technician
- Criminal justice/safety studies
- Special education and teaching
- English/language arts teacher education
- Engineering physics/applied physics
- Organizational leadership
- English language and literature
- Sport and fitness administration/management
- Political science and government
- Graphic design
- Mathematics teacher education
- Spanish language and literature
- Public health