Syracuse University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the Northwest region of the United States, Syracuse University is a private, international research university with distinctive academics, diversely unique offerings, and an undeniable spirit. Syracuse University offers a quintessential college experience.
The scope of Syracuse University is a testament to its strengths: a pioneering history dating back to 1870; a choice of more than 200 majors and 100 minors offered through 13 schools and colleges; nearly 15,000 undergraduates and 5,000 graduate students; more than a quarter of a million alumni in 160 countries; and a student population from all 50 U.S. states and 123 countries.
Is Syracuse University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Syracuse University is 69%. For every 100 applicants, 69 are admitted. This means the school is selective; hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet Syracuse University’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is Syracuse University a good school?
Syracuse University is a good school that aspires to be a pre-eminent and inclusive student-focused research university, preparing engaged citizens, scholars, and leaders for participation in a changing global society.
What is Syracuse University known for?
Syracuse University is known for its highly-ranked programs, professional programs, investment in research and innovation, co-curricular opportunities, and undeniable school spirit.
Is Syracuse University a party school?
Yes, Syracuse University is a party school.
What major is Syracuse University known for?
- Information science/studies
- Political science and government
- Marketing/marketing management
- Speech communication and rhetoric
- Radio and television
- Biology/biological sciences
- Public relations/image management
- Sport and fitness administration/management
- International relations and affairs
- Architectural and building sciences/technology
- Mechanical engineering
- Econometrics and quantitative economics
- Public administration
- Public health
- Broadcast journalism
- Computer and information sciences
- Entrepreneurship/entrepreneurial studies
- Logistics.materials.and supply chain management
- Kinesiology and exercise science
- English language and literature
- Business administration and management
- Human development and family studies
- Cinematography and film/video production
- Civil engineering
- Bioengineering and biomedical engineering
- Music management
- Real estate
- Consumer merchandising/retailing management
- Social work
- Design and visual communications
- Chemical engineering
- Spanish language and literature
- Industrial and product design
- Education/teaching of individuals in elementary special education programs
- Human services
- Aerospace.aeronautical and astronautical/space engineering
- Applied mathematics
- Rhetoric and composition/writing studies
- Musical theatre
- Fine/studio arts
- Human nutrition
- Interior architecture
- Foods.nutrition.and wellness studies
- Environmental/environmental health engineering
- Communication sciences and disorders
- Computer engineering
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Art history.criticism and conservation
- Music teacher education
- Animation.interactive technology.video graphics and special effects
- Fashion/apparel design
- Environmental studies
- Education/teaching of individuals in early childhood special education programs
- Geology/earth science
- Commercial and advertising art
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- English/language arts teacher education
- Nutrition sciences
- Religion/religious studies
- Dramatic/theatre arts and stagecraft
- African.american/black studies
- German language and literature
- French language and literature
- Women’s studies
- Liberal arts and sciences/liberal studies
- Music technology
- Organizational leadership
- Mathematics teacher education
- Spanish language teacher education
- Health and physical education/fitness
- Foreign languages and literatures
- Technical theatre/theatre design and technology
- Near and middle eastern studies
- Art teacher education
- Physical education teaching and coaching
- Social studies teacher education