Texas State University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the South region of the United States, Texas State University is a public, student-centered, Emerging Research University dedicated to excellence in serving the educational needs of the diverse population of Texas and the world beyond. Enrollment in fall 2021 reached 38,000, making Texas State the fifth largest university in the state. Texas State offers 98 bachelor’s, 91 master’s, and 14 doctoral degrees.
Is Texas State University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Texas State University is 85%. For every 100 applicants, 85 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; not hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet Texas State University’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is Texas State University a good school?
Texas State University is a good school that strives to create new knowledge, embrace a diversity of people and ideas, foster cultural and economic development, and prepare its graduates to participate fully and freely as citizens of Texas, the nation, and the world.
What is Texas State University known for?
Texas State University is known for being a doctoral-granting, student-centered institution dedicated to excellence and innovation in teaching, and research, including creative expression, and service.
Is Texas State University a party school?
Yes, Texas State University is a party school.
What major is Texas State University known for?
- Multi, /interdisciplinary studies
- Business administration and management
- Kinesiology and exercise science
- Marketing/marketing management
- Computer science
- Criminal justice/safety studies
- Public relations/image management
- Biology/biological sciences
- English language and literature
- General studies
- Speech communication and rhetoric
- Construction engineering technology/technician
- Political science and government
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Social work
- Radio and television
- Human development and family studies
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Fashion merchandising
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Foods, nutrition, and wellness studies
- Digital communication and media/multimedia
- Computer and information sciences
- Sport and fitness administration/management
- Environmental science
- Parks, recreation and leisure facilities management
- Fine/studio arts
- Criminal justice/police science
- Design and visual communications
- Interior design
- Wildlife biology
- Respiratory care therapy/therapist
- Animal sciences
- International/global studies
- Health/health care administration/management
- Spanish language and literature
- Applied mathematics
- Communication sciences and disorders
- Business/managerial economics
- Public administration
- Health information/medical records administration/administrator
- Manufacturing engineering
- Mass communication/media studies
- Industrial engineering
- Geographic information science and cartography
- Agribusiness/agricultural business operations
- International relations and affairs
- City/urban, community and regional planning
- Public health
- Consumer services and advocacy
- Clinical laboratory science/medical technology/technologist
- Music performance
- Health services/allied health/health sciences
- Athletic training/trainer
- Medical radiologic technology/science , radiation therapist
- Water, wetlands, and marine resources management
- Art/art studies
- Art history, criticism and conservation
- Musical theatre
- Aquatic biology/limnology
- Public health education and promotion
- German language and literature
- French language and literature
- Recording arts technology/technician
- Engineering/industrial management
- Biological and physical sciences