University of Alaska Anchorage majors and acceptance rate
Located in the Western region of the United States, the University of Alaska Anchorage is an intersection for academic exploration, adventure, and transformative experiences in and out of the classroom. The state’s largest university, UAA houses colleges, and schools in Anchorage, Mat-Su, Soldotna, Homer, Kodiak and Valdez. UAA students experience hands-on education through academics, research, leadership opportunities, and mentorship with its community partners in the state, across the county, and globally. UAA’s main campus is located in the heart of Alaska’s largest city, connecting students, faculty, and staff to both the urban and wild––a perfect environment for inspiring learning and adventure.
Is the University of Alaska Anchorage hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at the University of Alaska Anchorage is 77%. For every 100 applicants, 77 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; not hard to get into. The selection process for students is based on outstanding academic achievement, innovation, and curiosity.
Is the University of Alaska Anchorage a good school?
The University of Alaska Anchorage is a good school that discovers and disseminates knowledge through teaching, research, engagement, and creative expression.
What is the University of Alaska Anchorage known for?
The University of Alaska Anchorage is known for its Arctic research, Alaska Native and Indigenous programs, entrepreneurship, workforce development, and hands-on, personalized learning. UAF provides a world-class, inclusive experience — energized by innovative research, community engagement, student-centered teaching and creative expression.
Is the University of Alaska Anchorage a party school?
No, the University of Alaska Anchorage is not a party school.
What major is the University of Alaska Anchorage known for?
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Business administration and management
- Public health
- Mechanical engineering
- English language and literature
- Aeronautics/aviation/aerospace science and technology
- Art/art studies
- Construction management
- Computer and information sciences
- Biology/biological sciences
- Science technologies/technicians
- Civil engineering
- Biological and physical sciences
- Corrections and criminal justice
- Clinical laboratory science/medical technology/technologist
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Political science and government
- Foreign languages and literatures
- Health and physical education/fitness
- Social work
- Marketing/marketing management
- International/global studies
- Technical theatre/theatre design and technology
- Surveying technology/surveying
- Environmental studies
- Legal studies
- Psychiatric/mental health services technician
- Management information systems
- Dental hygiene/hygienist
- Geology/earth science
- Occupational safety and health technology/technician
- Logistics, materials, and supply chain management
- Early childhood education and teaching
- Computer engineering
- Multi, /interdisciplinary studies
- Music teacher education
- Hospitality administration/management