University of Notre Dame majors and acceptance rate
Located in the Midwest region of the united state, The University of Notre Dame is a preeminent research university that offers an outstanding undergraduate and graduate education guided by a Catholic mission. It is located in Notre Dame, Ind., adjacent to the city of South Bend and approximately 90 miles east of Chicago.
Is University of Notre Dame hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at University of Notre Dame is 19%. For every 100 applicants, 19 are admitted. This means the school is extremely selective; hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet University of Notre Dame’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is University of Notre Dame a good school?
Yes, University of Notre Dame is a good school that pride itself on being an environment of teaching and learning which fosters the development in its students of those disciplined habits of mind, body and spirit which characterize educated, skilled and free human beings.
What is University of Notre Dame known for?
University of Notre Dame is known for its distinctive goals which is to provide a forum where through free inquiry and open discussion the various lines of Catholic thought may intersect with all the forms of knowledge found in the arts, sciences, professions, and every other area of human scholarship and creativity.
The followings are popular majors at University of Notre Dame:
- Econometrics and quantitative economics
- Political science and government
- Computer and information sciences
- Mathematics and statistics
- Mechanical engineering
- Management science
- Chemical engineering
- Pre, medicine/pre, medical studies
- Biological and physical sciences
- Biology/biological sciences
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Marketing/marketing management
- Spanish language and literature
- Civil engineering
- English language and literature
- Theology/theological studies
- Liberal arts and sciences/liberal studies
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Design and visual communications
- Management information systems
- American/united states studies/civilization
- International/global studies
- Aerospace, aeronautical and astronautical/space engineering
- Environmental science
- Chinese language and literature
- Peace studies and conflict resolution
- Environmental/environmental health engineering
- Italian language and literature
- Computer engineering
- French language and literature
- Japanese language and literature
- Women’s studies
- Classics and classical languages, literatures, and linguistics
- Arabic language and literature
- Mathematics and statistics
- Fine/studio arts
- Art history, criticism and conservation
- Computer and information sciences and support services
- German language and literature
- Ancient/classical greek language and literature
- Russian language and literature
- African, american/black studies
- Hispanic, american, puerto rican, and mexican, american/chicano studies
- Romance languages, literatures, and linguistics
- Philosophy and religious studies
- Celtic languages, literatures, and linguistics
- Medieval and renaissance studies