University of South Dakota majors and acceptance rate
Located in the Midwest region of the united state, the University of South Dakota offers undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs within the South Dakota System of Higher Education. As the oldest university in the state, the University of South Dakota serves as the flagship and the only public liberal arts university in the state. USD is committed to becoming a regional leader in diversity and inclusiveness initiatives and the practice of Inclusive Excellence.
Is the University of South Dakota hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at the University of South Dakota is 91%. For every 100 applicants, 91 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; not hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet the University of South Dakota’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is the University of South Dakota a good school?
Yes, the University of South Dakota is a good school with innovative research, flexible schedules, and real-life learning opportunities both inside and outside the classroom.
What is the University of South Dakota known for?
The University of South Dakota is known for its affordable education to every qualified student by operating efficiently and effectively with high-quality standards to minimize financial barriers to a life-changing experience.
The followings are popular majors at the University of South Dakota:
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Health services/allied health/health sciences
- Kinesiology and exercise science
- Elementary education and teaching
- Business administration and management
- Criminal justice/safety studies
- Mass communication/media studies
- General studies
- Biomedical sciences
- Marketing/marketing management
- Dental hygiene/hygienist
- Clinical/medical social work
- Biology/biological sciences
- Political science and government
- Communication sciences and disorders
- Special education and teaching
- English language and literature
- Substance abuse/addiction counseling
- Speech communication and rhetoric
- Art/art studies
- Management sciences and quantitative methods
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Hospital and health care facilities administration/management
- Clinical laboratory science/medical technology/technologist
- History teacher education
- Spanish language and literature
- Computer and information sciences
- Music teacher education
- International/global studies
- Mathematics teacher education
- Human resources management/personnel administration
- English/language arts teacher education
- Music performance
- Organizational leadership
- Art teacher education
- Sustainability studies
- Biology teacher education
- Physical education teaching and coaching
- French language and literature
- Geology/earth science
- American indian/native american studies
- Spanish language teacher education
- German language and literature
- Entrepreneurship/entrepreneurial studies