University of Southern Maine majors and acceptance rate
Located in the Northwest region of the United States, the University of Southern Maine (USM) is a public institution with three regional campuses. USM confers bachelor’s degrees in 54 academic majors and is one of two universities in the state to offer an ABET-accredited Computer science degree program. USM features Student Diversity Centers on two campuses, as well as offers a study abroad program with Reykjavik University and the University of Iceland to research dwindling wildlife population and environmental health.
Is the University of Southern Maine hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at the University of Southern Maine is 88%. For every 100 applicants, 88 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; not hard to get into. The selection process for students is based on outstanding academic achievement, innovation, and curiosity.
Is the University of Southern Maine a good school?
The University of Southern Maine is a good school that is committed to equity and excellence, the University of Southern Maine advances a culture of inquiry and belonging in which research, creativity, and innovation accelerate transformational development in students, on campuses, and in communities.
What is the University of Southern Maine known for?
The University of Southern Maine is known for its academic excellence, student focus, and engagement with the community. USM provides students with hands-on experience that complements classroom learning and leads to employment opportunities in one of the nation’s most desirable places to live.
Is the University of Southern Maine a party school?
No, the University of Southern Maine is not a party school.
What major is the University of Southern Maine known for?
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Business administration and management
- Social sciences
- Allied health diagnostic, intervention, and treatment professions
- Biology/biological sciences
- Speech communication and rhetoric
- Political science and government
- Marketing/marketing management
- Social work
- Mass communication/media studies
- English language and literature
- Business administration, management and operations
- Computer science
- Liberal arts and sciences/liberal studies
- Mechanical engineering
- Kinesiology and exercise science
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Environmental science
- Computer/information technology services administration and management
- Music teacher education
- Industrial technology/technician
- Environmental studies
- Athletic training/trainer
- Therapeutic recreation/recreational therapy
- Women’s studies
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Music performance
- Tourism and travel services management
- Hospitality administration/management
- Tourism and travel services marketing operations
- Art/art studies
- Fine/studio arts
- Art teacher education
- Physical sciences
- Cultural Anthropology
- Geographic information science and cartography
- Management sciences and quantitative methods
- Technology teacher education/industrial arts teacher education
- Public health