University of Vermont majors and acceptance rate
Located in the Northwest region of the United States, UVM is a Public Ivy and top research university of a perfect size, large enough to offer a breadth of ideas, resources, and opportunities, yet small enough to enable close faculty-student mentorship across all levels of study, from bachelors to M.D. programs. Here, students’ educational experience and activities are enriched by its location — from the energy and innovation of Burlington to the forests, farms, and independent spirit of Vermont. UVM provides students endless ways to explore the world, challenge ideas, and dig in on the most pressing issues of our time.
Is the University of Vermont hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at the University of Vermont is 71%. For every 100 applicants, 71 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; not hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet the University of Vermont’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is the University of Vermont a good school?
The University of Vermont is a good school that prepares students to be accountable leaders who will bring to their work dedication to the global community, a grasp of complexity, effective problem-solving and communication skills, and an enduring commitment to learning and ethical conduct.
What is the University of Vermont known for?
The University of Vermont is known for being among the nation’s premier research universities with a comprehensive commitment to a liberal arts education, environment, health, and public service.
Is the University of Vermont a party school?
Yes, the University of Vermont is a party school.
What major is the University of Vermont known for?
- Business administration and management
- Environmental science
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Biology/biological sciences
- Environmental studies
- Political science and government
- Mechanical engineering
- Computer science
- Animal sciences
- English language and literature
- Public relations, advertising, and applied communication
- Fine/studio arts
- Entrepreneurship/entrepreneurial studies
- Elementary education and teaching
- Wildlife biology
- Nutrition sciences
- Civil engineering
- Kinesiology and exercise science
- Health and wellness
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Social work
- International/global studies
- Bioengineering and biomedical engineering
- Development economics and international development
- Environmental/environmental health engineering
- Natural resources/conservation
- Clinical laboratory science/medical technology/technologist
- Social studies teacher education
- Natural resource recreation and tourism
- Human development and family studies
- Early childhood education and teaching
- English/language arts teacher education
- Film/cinema/video studies
- Communication sciences and disorders
- Athletic training/trainer
- Agronomy and crop science
- Molecular biology
- Behavioral aspects of health
- Computer systems analysis/analyst
- Art teacher education
- Spanish language and literature
- Zoology/animal biology
- Mathematics and computer science
- Geology/earth science
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Horticultural science
- Junior high/intermediate/middle school education and teaching
- Art history, criticism and conservation
- Medical radiologic technology/science , radiation therapist
- Mathematics teacher education
- French language and literature
- Botany/plant biology
- Industrial engineering
- Japanese language and literature
- Liberal arts and sciences/liberal studies
- Education/teaching of individuals in early childhood special education programs
- Science teacher education/general science teacher education
- Chinese language and literature
- Religion/religious studies
- Asian studies/civilization
- Women’s studies
- Music teacher education
- Physical education teaching and coaching
- Russian language and literature
- German language and literature
- European studies/civilization
- Ancient/classical greek language and literature
- Latin language and literature