University of West Georgia majors and acceptance rate
Located in the South region of the United States, the University of West Georgia is where amazing things happen. Respected, experienced faculty supply you with the up-to-date knowledge and cutting-edge skills required to excel in today’s marketplace. You can cheer a Wolves athletic team to victory, grab a coffee break at Starbucks, take in theatre production, an art exhibit, or a lecture on any number of topics – all without leaving campus.
UWG students are performing biomedical research, outranking private university debate teams, studying trees to evaluate historical sites, and submitting winning tee shirt designs for the Peachtree Road Race. They are studying overseas, developing local outreach programs, and building robots. Faculty and staff are visiting far-flung reaches of the world to give lectures, provide medical services, and educate the less fortunate. They’re publishing books, advising small businesses, and excavating archaeological sites
Is the University of West Georgia hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at the University of West Georgia is 78%. For every 100 applicants, 78 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; not hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet the University of West Georgia’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is the University of West Georgia a good school?
Yes, the University of West Georgia is a good school that is committed to academic excellence and to community engagement, offering high-quality undergraduate, graduate, and community programs on-campus, off-campus, and online.
What is the University of West Georgia known for?
The University of West Georgia is known for enabling students, faculty, and staff to realize their full potential through academic engagement, supportive services, professional development, and a caring, student-centered community.
Is the University of West Georgia a party school?
Yes. The University of West Georgia has a strong reputation for being the #1 party school in the state.
The followings are popular majors at the University of West Georgia:
- Business administration and management
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Biology/biological sciences
- Marketing/marketing management
- Elementary education and teaching
- Parks-recreation and leisure facilities management
- Health and wellness
- Speech-language pathology/pathologist
- Management information systems
- Political science and government
- Art/art studies
- English language and literature
- Organizational leadership
- Foreign languages-literatures-and linguistics
- Physical education teaching and coaching
- Computer and information sciences
- Geology/earth science
- Behavioral sciences
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Real estate
- Special education and teaching
- Business/managerial economics
- Multi-/interdisciplinary studies
- International economics
- International relations and affairs