Utah Valley University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the Western region of the United States, the Utah Valley University is an integrated university and community college that educates every student for success in work and life through excellence in engaged teaching, services, and scholarship. Home to approximately 41,000 students, UVU is the largest public university in Utah and offers certificates through master’s degrees.
Is Utah Valley University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Utah Valley University is 71%. For every 100 applicants, 71 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; not hard to get into. The selection process for students is based on outstanding academic achievement, innovation, and curiosity.
Is Utah Valley University a good school?
The Utah Valley University is a good school that educates every student for success in work and life through excellence in engaged teaching, services, and scholarship.
What is Utah Valley University known for?
The Utah Valley University is known for its high moral climate, the campus is recognized as one of the safest colleges in the country, and is home to the largest LDS Institute program in the world. Within 20 miles, students enjoy winter sports, hiking, mountain biking, water recreation, and more.
Is Utah Valley University a party school?
No, Utah Valley University is not a party school.
What major is Utah Valley University known for?
- Business administration and management
- Speech communication and rhetoric
- Airline/commercial/professional pilot and flight crew
- Elementary education and teaching
- Design and visual communications
- Health and physical education/fitness
- Marketing/marketing management
- Fire science/fire-fighting
- Biology/biological sciences
- Criminal justice/law enforcement administration
- Computer science
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- English language and literature
- Community health and preventive medicine
- Computer systems networking and telecommunications
- Family and community services
- Information science/studies
- Engineering/industrial management
- Political science and government
- Building/construction site management/manager
- Financial planning and services
- General studies
- Social work
- Web/multimedia management and webmaster
- Hospitality administration/management
- Multi-/interdisciplinary studies
- Cinematography and film/video production
- American sign language (asl)
- English/language arts teacher education
- Human resources management/personnel administration
- History teacher education
- Computer engineering
- Mechatronics-robotics-and automation engineering
- Game and interactive media design
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Spanish language and literature
- Dental hygiene/hygienist
- Recording arts technology/technician
- Education/teaching of individuals with specific learning disabilities
- Health teacher education
- Computer software engineering
- Respiratory care therapy/therapist
- Music technology
- Entrepreneurship/entrepreneurial studies
- Mathematics teacher education
- Mechanical engineering
- Legal assistant/paralegal
- Environmental science
- Drama and dance teacher education
- Geology/earth science
- Art history-criticism and conservation
- Web page-digital/multimedia and information resources design
- Civil engineering
- Music performance
- Physical education teaching and coaching
- Music teacher education
- Science teacher education/general science teacher education
- Surveying technology/surveying
- Botany/plant biology
- Biology teacher education
- Education/teaching of individuals with hearing impairments including deafness
- Art teacher education
- Physics teacher education
- Spanish language teacher education
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Humanities/humanistic studies
- Business teacher education
- National security policy studies