Western Illinois University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the Midwest region of the united state, Western Illinois University provides student-centered undergraduate and graduate programs characterized by innovative teaching, research, and service, grounded in interdisciplinary, regional, and global perspectives. Western engages students in educational opportunities guided by a professional and diverse faculty and staff in collaboration with alumni and community partners.
Is Western Illinois University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Western Illinois University is 67%. For every 100 applicants, 67 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; not hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet Western Illinois University’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is Western Illinois University a good school?
Yes, Western Illinois University is a good school that empowers students, faculty, and staff to lead dynamic and diverse communities. Western Illinois University provides student-centered undergraduate and graduate programs characterized by innovative teaching, research, and service, grounded in interdisciplinary, regional, and global perspectives.
What is Western Illinois University known for?
Western Illinois University is known for valuing educational opportunity and welcomes those who show promise and a willingness to work toward achieving academic excellence. They are committed to providing accessible, high-quality educational programs and financial support for students.
The followings are popular majors at Western Illinois University:
- Criminal justice/law enforcement administration
- Liberal arts and sciences general studies and humanities
- Biology/biological sciences
- Speech communication and rhetoric
- Parks recreation and leisure facilities management
- Elementary education and teaching
- Business administration and management
- Fire services administration
- Social work
- Logisticsmaterialsand supply chain management
- Music performance
- Kinesiology and exercise science
- Human resources management/personnel administration
- Marketing/marketing management
- Radio and television
- Computer and information sciences
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- English language and literature
- Health/health care administration/management
- Construction management
- Political science and government
- Art/art studies
- Communication sciences and disorders
- Foreign languages and literature
- Mechanical engineering
- Communicationjournalismand related programs
- Special education and teaching
- Information technology
- Physical education teaching and coaching
- Liberal arts and sciences/liberal studies
- Fashion merchandising
- Junior high/intermediate/middle school education and teaching
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Hospitality administration/management
- Homeland securitylaw enforcementfirefighting and related protective services
- Public health education and promotion
- Graphic and printing equipment operatorgeneral production
- Visual and performing arts
- Athletic training/trainer
- Fine/studio arts
- Business/managerial economics
- Computer systems networking and telecommunications
- Computer and information systems security/information assurance
- Multi/interdisciplinary studies
- Geographic information science and cartography
- Africanamerican/black studies
- Spanish language teacher education
- Family and consumer sciences/human sciences
- Geology/earth science