Western Oregon University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the Western region of the United States, Western Oregon University (WOU) is a mid-sized public university located in the Willamette Valley of Oregon; just 20 minutes west of Salem, an hour to both Portland and Eugene, and under an hour to the Oregon Coast. WOU has a College of Education and a College of Liberal Arts and Sciences in addition to graduate programs in several areas of study and a continuing education program.
Is Western Oregon University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Western Oregon University is 79%. For every 100 applicants, 79 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; not hard to get into. The selection process for students is based on outstanding academic achievement, innovation, and curiosity.
Is Western Oregon University a good school?
Western Oregon University is a good school that creates lasting opportunities for student success through transformative education and personalized support
What is Western Oregon University known for?
Western Oregon University is known for its cultivating student success through personalized attention, mentoring and degree attainment. Raising awareness of our strengths, successes and contributions to the community through increased public outreach.
Is Western Oregon University a party school?
No, Western Oregon University is not a party school.
What major is Western Oregon University known for?
- Multi, /interdisciplinary studies
- Corrections administration
- Kinesiology and exercise science
- Public health education and promotion
- Teacher education, multiple levels
- Sign language interpretation and translation
- Computer and information sciences
- Speech communication and rhetoric
- Child development
- Biology/biological sciences
- Social sciences
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Information science/studies
- English language and literature
- Design and visual communications
- Art/art studies
- Political science and government
- Humanities/humanistic studies
- Geology/earth science
- Spanish language and literature
- Mathematics and computer science
- Sustainability studies
- International/global studies
- Early childhood education and teaching