Western Washington University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the Western region of the United States, Western Washington University is the state’s third-largest university. With 16,000 students, 175+ academic programs, and an energized campus community, Western offers the focus on students and the faculty access of a smaller college and the academic choice, resources, multicultural diversity, and room to grow of a large university.
Is Western Washington University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Western Washington University is 94%. For every 100 applicants, 94 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; not hard to get into. The selection process for students is based on outstanding academic achievement, innovation, and curiosity.
Is Western Washington University a good school?
Western Washington University is a good school dedicated to serving the people of the state of Washington. Together with students, staff, and faculty, the school is committed to making a positive impact in the state and the world with a shared focus on academic excellence and inclusive achievement.
What is Western Washington University known for?
Western Washington University is known for being recognized nationally for its successes, from its leadership as one of the most sustainable, “green” campuses in the nation by the Sierra Club to being named the top master’s granting institution in the Pacific Northwest by U.S. News and World Report.
Is Western Washington University a party school?
Yes, Western Washington University is a party school.
What major is Western Washington University known for?
- Environmental science
- Multi, /interdisciplinary studies
- Computer and information sciences
- Creative writing
- Marketing/marketing management
- Environmental studies
- Multi, /interdisciplinary studies
- Political science and government
- Business administration and management
- English language and literature
- Human services
- Speech communication and rhetoric
- Special education and teaching
- Art/art studies
- Cell/cellular and molecular biology
- Operations management and supervision
- Elementary education and teaching
- Biology/biological sciences
- Kinesiology and exercise science
- Management information systems
- Spanish language and literature
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Design and visual communications
- Communication sciences and disorders
- Parks, recreation and leisure studies
- Geology/earth science
- Polymer/plastics engineering
- Health/medical preparatory programs
- International business/trade/commerce
- Pre, physical therapy studies
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Manufacturing engineering
- Biological and physical sciences
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Computer and information systems security/information assurance
- Sustainability studies
- Marine biology and biological oceanography
- Ethnic, cultural minority, gender, and group studies
- Industrial and product design
- Community health services/liaison/counseling
- Applied mathematics
- Mathematics and computer science
- French language and literature
- Music teacher education
- German language and literature
- Science teacher education/general science teacher education
- Japanese language and literature
- Humanities/humanistic studies
- Mathematics and statistics
- Developmental and child psychology
- East asian studies
- Early childhood education and teaching
- Social science teacher education
- Music performance
- Automotive engineering technology/technician
- Physical education teaching and coaching
- Chinese language and literature
- Art history, criticism and conservation
- American/united states studies/civilization
- Geophysics and seismology
- Art teacher education
- Mathematics teacher education
- Biology teacher education
- History teacher education
- Music theory and composition
- Foreign languages and literatures
- Canadian studies
- Chemistry teacher education
- Earth science teacher education
- Religion/religious studies
- Music history, literature, and theory