Purdue University Fort Wayne majors and acceptance rate
Located in the Midwest region of the united state, Purdue University Fort Wayne is the largest university in northeast Indiana. As a Metropolitan University, the school is uniquely positioned to serve the region as a crossroads of intellectual, social, economic, and cultural advancement and continue to expand our global reach through research, scholarship, and creative expression.
The university combines challenging academics with a focus on student success across more than 200 degree programs, taught by over 350 full-time faculty. Approximately 8,300 students of diverse ages, races, and nationalities in our family pursue their education on our almost 700-acre campus. Nearly half of our students are first-generation college students and 15% are from underrepresented populations. And almost 75% of our students receive some form of financial assistance to achieve their academic and career goals.
Is Purdue University Fort Wayne hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Purdue University Fort Wayne is 83%. For every 100 applicants, 83 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; and not hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet Purdue University Fort Wayne’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is Purdue University Fort Wayne a good school?
Yes, Purdue University Fort Wayne is a good school that is committed to creating an environment that enhances learning by recognizing the inherent worth of all individuals at the university. Diversity stimulates creativity, promotes the exchange of ideas, and enriches campus life.
What is Purdue University Fort Wayne known for?
Purdue University Fort Wayne is the largest university in northeast Indiana and the only university in the country with a mastodon as a mascot. Purdue University’s programs in engineering, pharmacy, audiology, business, nursing, and speech pathology have been ranked among the best in the country in U.S. News & World Report’s graduate school rankings.
The followings are popular majors at Purdue University Fort Wayne:
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Liberal arts and sciences, general studies and humanities
- Elementary education and teaching
- Experimental psychology
- Operations management and supervision
- Computer science
- Public administration
- Psychiatric/mental health services technician
- Mechanical engineering/mechanical Technology/technician
- Biology/biological sciences
- English language and literature
- Fine/studio arts
- Speech communication and rhetoric
- Dental hygiene/hygienist
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Hotel/motel administration/management
- Radio and television
- Mechanical engineering
- Construction engineering technology/technician
- Audiology/audiologist and speech, language pathology/pathologist
- Secondary education and teaching
- Computer engineering
- Art/art studies
- Computer/information technology services administration and management
- Political science and government
- Civil engineering
- Electrical, electronic and communications
- Engineering technology
- Interior design
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Women’s studies
- Computer and information sciences
- Dental laboratory technology/technician
- Music teacher education
- Computer engineering technology/technician
- Social studies teacher education
- Kindergarten/preschool education and teaching
- English/language arts teacher education
- Multi, /interdisciplinary studies
- Geology/earth science
- Music therapy/therapist
- Actuarial science
- Spanish language and literature
- Art teacher education
- German language and literature
- French language and literature
- Industrial technology/technician
- Music performance